In Vivo is an action puzzle game with stealth elements about escaping from an alien UFO. You play as an alien abductee with only 30 seconds of consciousness at a time to try and escape. In between attempts you can explore your memory of the ship to plan your next escape attempt.
In Vivo was made as an entry in the 27th Ludum Dare 48-hour competition with the theme of “10 seconds”. It came in #410 out of 1,436 entries, with much of the negative feedback citing high difficulty. Taking this to heart, I extended the time limit to 30 seconds and rebalanced the gameplay to match. From those simple origins, a complex puzzle system and a story of what happened to you and why you are on this alien ship sprang forth and blossomed into the game you see here now.
- Use the items scattered around the ship to get upgrades and eventually escape the ship
- Use your memory to explore the parts of the ship you have seen and plan your next move
- 11 upgrades that give you a range of powers and better equip you to make your escape
- 185 alien documents to discover and read to unfold the story behind your abduction
- Each objective has many ways it can be achieved, there’s no one way to solve any puzzle
About Electric Horse Software
I’ve been programming for over 10 years, and have always had an interest in making video games. After a decade of dabbling with little to show for it besides dozens of unfinished prototypes and demos, I decided it was time to stop playing around and really make something of this awesome indie scene we have right now. Currently I work alone, but I have some plans in the works for a collaboration or two in the near future, and hopefully I can turn this dream into a reality.